Watch thousands of glowing jack o'lanterns come to life with amazing carvings, extraordinary displays and synchronized lighting. Want to see how it's done? Head to the Pumpkin Carving Face-Off or demonstrations at the NYBG to see the magic happen.
- The Great Jack O' Lantern Blaze- Runs until Nov 30, reserve tickets in advance-- READ THE BLOG
- Night of 1,000 Jack O'Lanterns- Oct 10-20, reserve tickets in advance
- Spooky Pumpkin Garden & More Halloween Events at the NY Botanical Garden- Runs through Oct 31, see details for individual events, some require advance tickets
Food, drinks, live music, trick-or-treating, face painting, hayrides, you'll find it at these spook-free family festivals. Have a seasonal brew or cider and get your Halloween on.
- Fall Orchard Festivals- see Apple Picking, Pumpkins, Hayrides, Donuts and More
- Bear Mountain Oktoberfest- Runs Friday-Sunday until Oct 20
- Goose feather's Oktoberfest- Oct 5
- "Oktoberfest" Comes to Yorktown- Oct 12
- Halloween Spooktacular Event at Cross County Shopping Center- Oct 19
- HarvestFest on the Hill- Oct 19
- Rye Town Park 2019 Fall Festival- Oct 20
- Forest O'Fears: Halloween Family Fun Festival- Oct 25-26
More Special Events
Grab those costumes! Dressing up is just one piece of these frightfully fun celebrations, ideal for all ages.
Adults & Older Children
- Home of the 'Legend'- Runs until Nov 3, see specific dates
- Hudson Horrors- Oct 4-27
- The Haunt at Rocky Ledge- Oct 4-Nov 2
- Horseman's Hollow- Oct 4-Nov 3
- Sleepy Hollow Experience- Oct 4-Nov 3
- Irving's Legend- Oct 4-Nov 3
- The Unsilent Picture- Oct 4-Nov 3
- Headless Horseman Silent Movie- Oct 9, 16, 23, 30
- Scared by the Sound Haunted House- Oct 11-27
- Tarrytown Music Hall Ghost Tours- Oct 15-29
- Jay Ghoul's House of Curiosities- Oct 17-31
- Forest O'Fears: The Haunting At Cedar Lane- Oct 18-19, Oct 25-26
- Sleepy Hollow’s Annual Haunted Hayride- Oct 25-26
- Sleepy Hollow Cemetery Tours- Runs through Nov 30
Have you been to any of these events in the past? Post your comments below and share your experiences.