The playgrounds included are:
- Blue Mountain in Peekskill
- Croton Gorge in Cortlandt
- Croton Point Park in Croton-on-Hudson
- George's Island in Montrose
- Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla
- Ridge Road in Hartsdale, Sprain Ridge in Yonkers
- Saxon Woods in White Plains
- V.E. Macy in Ardsley
- Tibbetts Brook in Yonkers
- Ward Pound Ridge Reservation in Cross River
- Willson's Woods in Mount Vernon
"Playground Safe" guidelines required for parents and guardians choosing to allow children to use playground equipment are:
- Do not visit if you are sick, tested positive for COVID-19, or were recently (within 14 days) exposed to COVID-19.
- Do not use the playground if it appears crowded.
- Do wear a mask if you are over the age of two and able to medically tolerate when not able to maintain social distance.
- Do maintain at least six feet social distance from people you don’t live with.
- Do bring and use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Westchester County Parks has been providing ongoing updates on their website. When visiting you can view up-to-date information about parks and areas, events, golf courses, camping and more. The situation for each could change daily so be sure to check their website before making plans to visit any currently open park or venue.
Did you you know Westchester County Parks Nature Centers are offering early learning programs for Pre-K and second through fifth grade aged children, operating outdoors? Check it out.
Upcoming events include Bicycle Sundays on the Bronx River Parkway, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Sept. 27 and newly added Oct. 4. Social distancing and masks required. Also, you can visit the Farmer’s Market at Muscoot Farm, Sundays through Nov. 22. First-come, first-served, social distancing protocols followed.