1 out 10 children has a mental or behavioral health problem that impacts their lives at home and at school. Cycle of Support provides funding for programs that help children with mental health problems or who need specialized ability care in NYC and Westchester county.
Join us on September 15th and ride to help young New Yorkers thrive. Cycle of Support is on September 15, 2019 at Purchase College, located at 735 Anderson Hill Road, Purchase, NY 10577 — directly across from the entrance to the Pepsi corporate offices.
Our half day event features:
* Your choice of scenic bike routes (10, 20, and 62 mile)
* Bike rentals
* Fun kids' activities
* Relaxing rest stops with refueling snacks
* A BBQ after-party
Where Does the Money Raised Go?
Funds raised through Cycle of Support go to The Jewish Board, a nonprofit dedicated to helping children of all religions, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds, and gender identifications across the five boroughs of New York City and Westchester. These critical programs:
- Provide abused kids who can’t live at home, a safe and supportive residence to recover
- Protect children who have experienced domestic violence and get them on a path to recovery
- Develop stronger, healthier parent and child relationships through counseling services
- Fund services to keep children with their families that are facing challenges
- Ensure kids can go to school and focus on learning in a positive environment.
- Fund different early childhood centers from Harlem to Brownsville and Coney Island, so that parents can build strong and safe bonds with their children
- Ensure that children get the psychiatric treatment they need when they are facing serious mental illnesses
- Empower us to proactively address one of NYC’s major health challenges: access to high-quality mental health services.
Busy schedule? Can't ride a bike? Don't want to take Metro-North to SUNY Purchase on a Sunday? No matter the reason why you can't ride with us in September, you can still support childhood mental health by donating to this important cause. Your voice will join hundreds of others who want to ensure children throughout our area feel safe, secure, and supported.
We hope you'll join our ride- and the cause.