ESF Camps is pleased to offer Westchester NY Moms readers an opportunity to win a week of ESF Camp at one of their premier campuses. Read on to learn more about ESF Camps and enter below for your chance to win!
ESF is hosting tours by appointment. RSVP today!
Michael Rouse, the co-founder and Executive Director of ESF Camps, and his staff know — because they’re always looking for something new and interesting for today’s kids and teens.
“We’re really trying to create programs that are cutting-edge for children — the best on the planet,”Rouse said. “We do that with every single program we offer, in every single age group.”
Every year, there’s a new program, or a slightly different take on a tried-and-true idea. That’s how ESF has come to offer everything from day camp for 4-year-olds to business camps for teens (with technology, science, and the arts in between).
Mindful of the trust parents put in the camps, ESF has made a huge commitment to safety. The all-adult staff is trained every year on the latest skills and information. Have a child with a food allergy? They’re welcome at ESF: allergists often recommend the camps, which are welcoming and accommodating.
Even the car line is down to a science. “We’ve been doing this for 35 years, and we try to raise the bar every year,” Rouse said.
Not only are they efficient, they are diverse in their approach to providing different opportunities depending on their age group. Investing in children over time is part of their secret to raising leaders.
Note: Programs vary by ESF Camp location.
These traditional camps are perfect for the youngest campers, starting at age 3 and running through third grade. It’s summer camp the way you remember it: swimming, arts & crafts, sports, science, camp performances, and action-packed, non-stop fun.
This camp is the foundation for your child’s future at ESF Camps. It’s here that kids begin to practice the 8 ESF Virtues, including the value of kindness, teamwork and community — and the joy that comes with it.
“At age 4, they begin to be the leader of their Tribe,” Rouse said. “In addition to having the time of their lives, they are discovering new passions and learning life skills that they will bring to the classroom in the next school year.”
It’s so common these days for kids to focus in on a sport at an early age, but research shows that can lead to overuse injuries and burnout. Children who play more than one sport stay healthier, physically and mentally.
ESF’s Multi-Sport camps give kids the chance to learn and play 10 sports weekly, and two to three each day. That means they can try a new sport — and, maybe, discover they love it. From baseball and basketball to lacrosse and soccer, multi-sport camp provides rising first through ninth graders with top-notch instruction and skill development. Campers are grouped by rising grade levels into divisions called Conferences. They discover their inner athlete through game play, instructional clinics, tournaments, and more.
The coaches use sports to keep building character, including fostering trustworthiness, effort, accountability, leadership, and teamwork.
This camp, for rising fourth through 10th graders, is all about what ESF calls “True Life Adventures.” Senior Camp broadens the horizons of the older camper. It’s what kids this age are looking for — and need as they become more and more independent. From comic book design to digital photography and building a carnival from the ground up, these campers continue to learn teamwork, positivity and grit, and to embrace the community around them.
Campers work through team challenges, but keep things light with dance parties and daily swimming. Senior camp has leadership and service opportunities, but still lets kids play gaga, try an American Ninja Warrior course, and cheer their friends through camp competitions.
These specialty camps let kids pick a “major” and then drill down into a subject, and the range is enormous.
Science camps include exclusive partnerships with the Franklin Institute. Technology camps feature NEW and enhanced curriculum and program offerings uniquely designed through a new partnership with BSD (Build Something Different). Programs give campers a chance to dig into 3D game design, coding, and robotics, engineering and more!
This is how ESF got its start, way back in 1982, and it’s still a cornerstone today. Budding players — whether they’re beginners or experts — get high-quality instruction, practice, and match play. Kids can swim daily if they want, and play “Grand Slam” tournaments weekly!
Ready to register, or want to know more? Get to know ESF Camps’ staff and programs in person at their open house.
ESF is hosting open houses with tour sessions:
- Saturday April 21st at Greenwich Academy - Sessions 1:00pm, 2:15pm and 3:30pm
- Sunday April 22nd at Riverdale Country School - Sessions 1:00pm, 2:15pm and 3:30pm
Parents and children are welcome to meet with counselors and learn more about ESF’s exciting summer offering. RSVPs are strongly encouraged, but walk-ins are always welcome! You can also visit ESF’s website and use our amazing program finder to discover the perfect fit for your child, or call us at 800-529-CAMP (2267).
WIN IT: We’re giving away a week of ESF Camps at Greenwich Academy or Riverdale Country School to one lucky winner! To enter, complete the form below and comment on this post with your preferred ESF Camps program before 4 pm on Friday, May 4th We’ll pick a winner at random.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins from April 13, 2018, 8:00 AM (EST) (“Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by May 4, 2018, 5:00 PM (EST) to be eligible for that day’s drawing.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, complete the form above and comment on this article with your preferred ESF Camps program. No purchase necessary.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
- WINNER SELECTION: One winner will be drawn from all entries received during the announced Promotional Period using a randomized computer numerical system, random.org, from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Winners will be emailed directly.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND RESPONSE: The selected winner will be contacted via email at the conclusion of the Promotional Period. A response is required within 6 hours. If no response is received in that time, the selected winner will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected at random from the list of eligible participants and notified. Subsequently selected winners will also have a 6 hours period to respond. By submitting your email address to this giveaway you agree that ESF Camps may email you with regards to this giveaway and their summer programs.
- PRIZE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: One week of ESF Camps at Greenwich Academy or Riverdale Country School, valued at approximately $685-$845 (Does not include Club OT or lunch program. Does not include Optional Bus Transportation at Riverdale Country School).
- TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
- ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of winning this promotion depend on the number of eligible entries.
- DELIVERY. Winner will be able to claim their prize through direct contact with ESF Camp’s representatives.
Photographs courtesy of ESF Camps.