Location: 100 Playland Parkway, Rye, NY
2. Also in Westchester, see the stars at the Hudson River Museum. On weekends there are planetarium shows and an Early Explorers area or with art and science projects. Check out the dollhouse, learn about the Hudson River and more.
Location: 511 Warburton Avenue, Yonkers, NY
Location: Mathews Park, 303 West Avenue, Norwalk, CT
4. Also in Norwalk, explore sea life at the Maritime Aquarium. See jellyfish, frogs, touch stingrays and more. While the exhibits will keep your kids busy, there is also a play space upstairs for babies and toddlers as well as an IMAX Theatre. Don't miss the Sea Turtle Nursery.
Location: 10 North Water Street , Norwalk, CT
5. If you are up for a trip into the city, the Children's Museum of Manhattan is not too far and offers a variety of ways for kids to learn and play. Dance, learn about healthy lifestyles, check out the Dora & Diego exhibit or or try one of their daily, drop-in Art Lab programs. Opening this February, experience Tokyo’s vibrant culture in a new interactive exhibit.
Location: The Tisch Building, 212 West 83rd Street, New York, NY
6. The only museum of its kind in the United States, the National Museum of Mathematics gives school aged children the opportunity to discover a side of math they've never seen before. Exhibits bring math to life.
Location: 11 E. 26th St., New York, NY
Location: Central Park West at 79th Street, New York, NY
8. Located in one of the few remaining buildings from the 1964 World’s Fair, The New York Hall of Science in Queens is a fantastic way to spend the day and is closer than you think. The majority of exhibits are hands-on and interactive. There is a play room for young children, hundreds of exhibits, demonstrations and activities, a 3D theatre and more. Check their website to sign up for events.
Location: 7-01 111th Street, Corona, NY
Location: 11 Davis Ave., Garden City, NY
10. Venture to NJ to the Liberty Science Center to check out the largest and most technologically advanced planetarium in the Western Hemisphere. Young children can enjoy the Young Learners programs. Calling all Thomas the Train fans: In Thomas & Friends™: Explore the Rails, kids can learn, play, and solve problems with Thomas the Tank Engine and his friends while immersing themselves in locations from the beloved TV series.
Location: 222 Jersey City Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ