You can also visit our Community Calendar for a full listing of upcoming events. Or to see a comprehensive list of all local venues, programs, resources and more, check out our free Business Directory. Lastly, if you have not already joined our e-mail list, join now for free! Enjoy!
2. Venture up to Norwalk, CT to the Stepping Stones Museum for Children.
3. Explore sea life at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk. While the exhibits will keep your kids busy, there is also a play space upstairs for babies and toddlers as well as an IMAX Theatre.
4. The New York Hall of Science in Queens is a fantastic way to spend the day and is closer than you think. There is a play room for young children, hundreds of exhibits, demonstrations and activities, a 3D theatre, a mini golf course and more. Check their website to sign up for events.
5. The Children's Museum of Manhattan is another great place for little hands to learn and explore.
6. Fill an entire day at the Long Island Children's Museum. It is much larger than other children's museums in the area and is sure to entertain kids of all ages.
7. See the stars at the Hudson River Museum planetarium on Saturdays and Sundays. While you are there, check out the exhibits, learn about the Hudson River, play in the Early Explorers area or take part in an art or science project.
Indoor Play, Bounce, Sports & Games
9. Drop in and play! Westchester has everything: climbing structures, indoor mini golf, Lazer Tag, rides, arcades and more. Our moms love the Play Place in Elmsford, Billy Beez at the Palisades Mall in West Nyack, FunFuzion in New Rochelle, Kids U in Port Chester or Pleasantville and Leapin Lizards in Port Chester. There is also Dave & Buster's in Pelham and the Palisades Mall, Life The Place to Be in Ardsley and SportimeUSA in Elmsford. If you are willing to go a little further, try the Castle Fun Center in Chester, NY. Babies and toddlers can drop in and play at Jack's Clubhouse in Brewster.
10. Get building at Legoland in Yonkers! Experience rides, a movie, play structure and more. Purchase tickets in advance.
11. Get your heart pumping with indoor skydiving at iFly Westchester. For ages 3 and up!
13. Get a group together and go bowling! Check out Bowlmor in White Plains, Cortlandt Lanes in Cortlandt Manor, Homefield Bowl in Yonkers, Rock N'Bowl at FunFuzion in New Rochelle or Spins Bowl at Grand Prix in Mount Kisco.
14. If your kids love playing gaga, or want to try it, you can play at the Gaga Center in Scarsdale. Check the schedule in advance.
15. Get sporty by registering for a class at The House of Sports in Ardsley, A Game Sports in New Rochelle or Kinetic Sports Club in Pelham.
16. Kids atleast 48" tall can go racing in go karts at Grand Prix in Mount Kisco.
17. Check out the new play space in The Westchester (mall), appropriate for young children.
18. Take a free trial class at a play gym, art studio or music school. Schedule in advance. You can view a list of places to consider in our directory, select the category you like.
20. Watch the Westchester Knicks score at a game!
Winter Outdoor Sports
22. Or make a day of it and head into the city to Bryant Park or Rockefeller Center or to Bear Mountain and skate outdoors.
23. Try skiing or snow tubing! If you don't want to go more than about an hour or so away, our moms suggest Campgaw Mountain in Mahwah, NJ, Mount Peter in Warwick, NY, Powder Ridge in Middlefield, CT, Thunder Ridge in Patterson, NY, or Woodbury Ski Area in Woodbury, CT.
24. If you have a 3rd or 4th grader, check out the Learn to Ski Passport program and the Kids Ski Free Passport program to ski for free at participating locations!
Books & More
26. Take your little one to story time or a special event at Barnes and Noble Eastchester, White Plains or Yonkers, the Voracious Reader in Larchmont, Scattered Books in Chappaqua or Pottery Barn Kids in White Plains. Check their websites to see what it coming up.
28. Explore classes and events a local Art Center. Check out the Katonah Art Center, Rye Arts Center or Pelham Art Center.
29. Check out art wrokshops, open play and more at the Scribble Art Workshop in Dobbs Ferry.
30. Paint at Painting with a Twist in Scarsdale or Muse Paintbar in White Plains or Yonkers. Each offers family or youth paintings at specific times.
31. Get crafty by attending classes and events at Michael's in Hartsdale, Pelham or Port Chester. Some require advance registration.
Movies & Theater
33. Check out a movie at the Alamo Drafthouse in Yonkers, which serves food while you watch! Or head to another local movie theater.
34. Get tickets for an upcoming show at a local theater or register your child for a performing arts program. Here are all the details.
35. Treat your child to a Broadway Show in the city! Kids' Night on Broadway is February 28th.